We take the risk out of litigation and you only pay if there is a successful outcome
Types of claims we fund include
- Liquidator and trustee claims
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Breach of trust
- Native title
- Commercial arbitration
- Director and officer claims
- Misleading conduct claims
- Intellectual property claims
How funding helps Insolvency Practices
Potential benefits for the insolvency practitioner
- Liquidator/trustee fees can be paid by the funder as part of the funding agreement.
- Able to pursue actions on behalf of creditors where insufficient funds for costs and adverse cost reserves.
- Removes the adverse cost risk for the insolvency practitioner.
- Funder's fees are contingent so you only pay on a successful outcome and recovery.
- The funder can play an effective strategic role working with the relevant law firm and insolvency practice.
- Defendant(s) know there is the financial depth and capability to pursue the matter all the way.
- Assists with litigation budget risk and costs overruns.
How funding helps law firms and their clients
Potential benefits for clients
- Able to transfer the litigation risks and adverse costs protection to a third party.
- Able to better focus the use of capital on their core business.
- Only pays funding commission if the claim is successful and recovery made.
- Defendant(s) know there is the depth and capability to pursue the matter brings "equity of arms".
- Allows good claims to be pursued where lack of funds would otherwise stall the claim.
Potential benefits for the firm
- Improves and stabilises law firm cash flow.
- Able to provide clients or prospective clients with an alternative to self funding.
- Potentially increase volume of litigation for claims that otherwise would not proceed or that might otherwise have been discontinued.
- Allows for flexible billing options including potential uplift in any fees that are deferred to the successful resolution of the claim.
- Provides adverse costs protection comfort for clients.